Eggs are a great form of nutrition. They are a first-class protein as well as being a great source of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A and selenium. Starting your day with a healthy egg can stabalise your energy for the morning. This can prevent you from snacking on unhealthy foods.
This poached egg stack is so quick and simple to make. It only requires the ingredients, two pots of boiling water and ten minutes of your time.
- 2 x organic eggs
- 3 x stalks of asparagus with ends cut off
- 1/2 x avocado
- 1 x large tomato
- 1/4 x lemon
- Tsp of white wine vinegar
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
What to do
- Bring two pots of water to the boil
- Salt one pot of water and add the asparagus
- Pop the white wine vinegar in the other pot and stir a funnel in the centre
- Crack the two eggs into a bowl before placing into the funnelled water. This is an easier way of placing the eggs in bowling water
- Meanwhile, slice the tomato and set aside
- Mash the avocado and squeeze the lemon juice on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- After 3-4 minutes drain the asparagus and take the eggs out of the water and place on a side plate
- To dress the plate layer the tomato and avocado stacks on top of the asparagus before placing the eggs on top
- Drizzle the plate with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
We hope you enjoy this healthy, nourishing egg stack just as much as us.
Lisa and Laura x