This quinoa salad with salmon is quick and simple to make and is packed with nutritious goodness. Quinoa is a deliciously nutty grain that is rich in protein. It is a fantastic vegetarian protein but can also be used as an accompaniment to meat or fish.
Salmon is rich in essential omega 3’s that help to reduce inflammation of joints and muscles, promotes a healthy heart and reduces feelings of anxiety and depression. Combining salmon with a quinoa salad is the perfect balanced meal.
Serves 4 people
- 200g quinoa
- 2 x fillets of salmon
- 2 x stalks of celery washed and finely chopped
- 1 x large carrot peeled and finely chopped
- 1 x head of broccoli washed and chopped into florets
- 1 x lemon
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Place the quinoa in boiling salted water and boil to the directions on the packet. It is normally between 12-15 minutes depending on how crunchy you like it
- Pop the salmon fillets in boiling salted water for around 15mins or until fully cooked (depends on the size of the fillet)
- Once the quinoa is cooked, flake it with a fork and mix the vegetables through
- Drizzle a few tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper over the mixture, and mix through
- Flake the salmon on top of the mixture and add some lemon to taste.
A healthy and quick meal to make that can be eaten as dinner and used as leftovers for lunch the next day…if there are any left 🙂