A mediterranean salad that is bursting with flavour and texture. This roasted tomato salad is a one-pot wonder. It can be eaten as a main course or as a accompaniment to some baked fish or meat. Altogether this dish is a healthy balance of nutrients and flavour. Tomatoes are packed with vitamin C and good fats come from the extra-virgin olive oil and olives. Protein is provided by the feta cheese and carbohydrates from the sour dough bread.
- 2 x stems of vine tomatoes
- 200g of mixed coloured tomatoes sliced in half
- 120g of fresh feta cheese torn into large chunks
- 100g of pitted black olives
- 1/4 of sourdough loaf torn into large chunks
- 5tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- Toss all salad ingredients into a large baking dish
- Cover with extra-virgin olive oil
- Mix ingredients together
- Bake in a convection oven at 180C for 20mins
This delicious roasted tomato salad is a tasty summer treat, ideal for BBQ’s and picnics. I hope you enjoy the healthy flavours as much as I do.